Monday, February 1, 2010

A Fabulous Weekend and a Dreary Monday

Hello Darlings! Monday again. Oh monday how I love you. Today is a dreary day in south florida. It's raining and dark and cold. Doesn't sound much like florida to me! But strangely enough I'm quite enjoying this wet weather. It makes me want to curl up with my husband and drink hot coffee. Unfortunately, we can't do that because we're both at work but the cozy feeling of this rainy day is calming my soul and relaxing me.
This weekend I ran in the Race for the Cure 5k for breast cancer research with my cousin Kehly and friend Amy. It was gorgeous weather and the race was tons of fun. I surprised myself with my time and I had an amazing time with friends and family. There were so many people there and it was so amazing to see everyone getting together for one common goal. Although I don't know anyone who is or has been effected by breast cancer, it felt good to be part of the event and know the money I raised could make a small impact on someone's life.
Also in attendance at the race was Olivia Newton John! I was pretty much really excited to get to see her. I watched the movie Grease so much growing up and it was a really cool seeing her up on the stage and not in the TV. She is a breast cancer survivor herself and she gave a little speech. It was all very inspiring and a wonderful experience. I can't wait until next year! I suppose that's all for today. I hope you all have a blessed and joy-filled day!

xoxo Jessenia



No comments:

Post a Comment